Trade unions are long-standing campaigners for better economic and social conditions worldwide. Through their widespread and regular contacts with their own members (over 300 million worldwide), and also with employers, governments and political parties, they can play a leading role in promoting the humanitarian causes under Movement Millennium.
Trade unions could use their communication and educational networks to promote the knowledge about the agendas of action under the Movement to their member and general public through:
- Posters and calendars, newsletters and magazines, videos, talks and public address announcements in work places and membership mail system
- Conferences, workshops and meetings for union organizers and members on Movement Millennium themes.
- Displaying the promotional materials on the themes of movement millennium at union offices and union-run health and training facilities.
- Reproducing the agendas for action in the official bulletin and Internet site or sponsoring advertisements in mass media.
- Trade unions can also give away the hard copies of this action guide to each and every member. Click here to order multiple copies.
Trade unions, at the local level, can organize organ donation camps, tree plantation drives, competitions and picnics for their children and seniors, adultliteracy and numeracy classes, discourses on population planning and AIDS education and distribution of condoms, training on safe water maintenance and water conservation techniques and discussions on child labor.